Jun 22, 2020
Work Of Wrestling host Tim Kail discusses the recent
#SpeakingOut movement, a social media reckoning with the pervasive
abuse within the pro-wrestling industry.
To read more about Speaking Out in Sports Illustrated, Click Here.
Topics in this episode include:
- The lack of oversight in professional wrestling, both from
within and without due, in part, to how little people respect
- The real-world function social media plays in people's lives
and why people turn to it as a last recourse.
- Knowing when to listen and when to speak (and how
to speak so as to not co-opt the conversation).
- Tim's own experiences, which have made it easy for him to
believe these stories.
- The ways in which our culture's systems set us on a destructive
path and how, if we're lucky, our course gets corrected over
- How to improve that system, which involves ideas born out of a
consciousness not built by that very system.
- Why improving working conditions will improve the quality of
Follow on Twitter and Facebook @WorkOfWrestling!
Thanks for listening, one and all!